Heartburn, Hiatal Hernia and Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)
Most of the “damage” of GERD occurs at night when patients are lying in bed and asleep!!!!!
Factors Affecting Nocturnal GERD
- Decreased Salivation – saliva contains a natural bicarbonate that actually reduces the acid levels in the stomach.
- Decreased Swallowing
- Decreased Gravity Mediated Drainage – lying flat does not allow gravity to keep the contents of the stomach in its place.
- Decreased Perception of Heartburn – sleep paralysis.
Which Leads to:
Increased and prolonged exposure of the esophagus to acid reflux – Often without patient knowledge.
Order a MediWedge™ today to reduce the effects of Heartburn, Hiatal Hernia, Acid Indigestion, and Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD) and Sleep Healthier Tonight!
- More than 60 million people experience heartburn at least once a month!
- 25 million people experience heartburn once a day!
- In all, GERD affects an estimated 25 to 35 percent of the U.S. population!
- 48 million Americans feel the effect of acid indigestion to the extent that it wakes them up at least once a week!